Set up your email account in Mac Mail
To configure your SiteGround email account to work on the Mail app on your Mac, open the Mail app and from the pop-up, choose Other Mail Account > Continue.
Enter your name, email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), the password for the email account, and click Sign In.
On the next screen, fill in the server settings:
Click Sign In once you complete filling in the information. On the next step, you can choose the apps you want to use with this email account. Select your preferred apps, click Done and you will be able to use your new email account on Mac Mail.
Set up your email account in Microsoft Outlook
To set up your email account with Microsoft Outlook, go to the File drop-down menu > Account Settings > Other Email. If you’re using Mac, go to Outlook > Preferences > Accounts. You will be forwarded to fill in your account information:
When you are ready completing the requested info, click Add Account and the configuration will be completed.
Manually configure Outlook
To add your email account to the latest version of Microsoft Outlook first click on the File menu and then on Account Settings > Account Settings. If you’re using the Mac version, the menu will be in Outlook > Preferences > Accounts.
To begin, click on New on the new window that opens.
A new window will appear named Add Account. On it, select the Manual Setup or additional server types option and click Next. Then on the next step select POP or IMAP and click Next.
You need to fill in the appropriate information about your email account. Here’s a brief explanation of the different fields and what you should add in them:
- Your Name: provide your name in this field;
- E-mail address: type in your email address – email@example.com for example;
- Account Type: select whether you want to use the IMAP or the POP3 protocol. We recommend that you use the IMAP protocol since it keeps your emails on the server and it’s harder to lose information;
- Incoming mail server: the server for incoming mails should be the mail subdomain of your domain name – yourdomain.com for example;
- Outgoing mail server: again, use yourdomain.com as you entered for the incoming server;
- User name: the username is your full email address. It will be used for both incoming and outgoing connections;
- Password: enter the password for your email account;
Once you fill in each field/checkbox, click on Next to proceed.
A new window should appear named Test Account Settings in which you can follow how Outlook verifies the information you have provided.
If the information you provided is correct the email account should be added to your Outlook.